- Walkie-talkies and other communication devices- Use of walkie-talkies makes communication between teammates faster and more effective. When communication and strategy are prioritized it creates space for people who are disabled or unable to run to participate as dispatchers and orchestrators. If you have walkie-talkies please bring them, it makes the game more inclusive.
- Fully charged phone- Players can call each other or utilize text messaging or secret twitter hashtags in lieu of walkie-talkies. Phone headsets or headphones with microphones could be useful.
- High energy snacks
- First Aid items- We will be in motion over hard surfaces and accidents can happen. If you are able to bring ibuprofen or band aids that would be rad.
- Potluck dish for picnic after the game(s). There will be a hang out sesh after every game, bring some food for everyone to share!
Sunday, July 29, 2012
While you are welcome to bring anything that you think would help in game play (within reason and common sense), the items listed below are especially recommended:
at 10:38 PM
- We will be playing in the downtown Oakland area. Specific location and boundaries will be decided by participants.
- Rules will be consensed upon by participants before the game begins. Show up 1 hour before the game starts to participate in this discussion and decision making process. There are many variations of Capture the Flag, so every group will choose rules that work for them and can modify them to keep the game dynamic and fair. Please refer to Wikipedia for basic rules and variations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_the_flag
- People are encouraged to bring anything that will help them get the flag down the field or assist in team communication, walkie talkies for instance are very useful. Real life items of any kind, no rules except those made before the game.
- No hurting anyone (obviously)
- Step up, step back. We all have awesome ideas that need to be heard. If you feel that people are using oppressive speech or marginalizing yourself or others, please ask for facilitation.
at 9:42 PM